Contact Me for a Free Consultation (715) 861-2222

Uninsured or Underinsured Drivers

A. Uninsured Drivers

Generally, uninsured motorist insurance (UM) covers people injured in an accident with a driver who doesn't have any insurance. Uninsured motorist insurance may also cover hit-and-run accidents where the other driver isn't identified. A person who has uninsured motorist insurance and is an accident with an uninsured driver may be able to receive compensation for their injuries from their own insurance company. If you have been in an accident with an uninsured driver, contact an experienced personal injury attorney before you file your insurance claim to make sure that you obtain all of the available compensation.

B. Underinsured Drivers

Underinsured motorist insurance (UIM) covers injured persons when the responsible driver does not have enough insurance to fully compensate the injured person for all of his or her injuries. If the injured person had purchased UIM coverage with their own insurance company, they will be able to make a UIM claim to have their own insurance company pay for the damages in excess of the liability coverage for the negligent driver. There are often specific requirements that must be followed in order to preserve any UIM claim. See out professional legal advice to make sure you know all of your legal rights.

C. Collecting Damages

If you are injured in an accident with a driver who doesn't have insurance or doesn't have enough insurance, uninsured or underinsured motorists insurance may cover your injuries. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer if you have been in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver who can explain the insurance coverage is available and assist you in obtaining compensation for your injuries.

Contact Me Today

Brodd Law Firm, LLC is committed to answering your questions about Car Crashes, Catastrophic Injury, Personal Injury, Trucking Crashes, Wrongful Death, Foodborne Illness, Dog Bite Injury, Brain Injury, Drunk Driving Crashes, Pedestrian Injury, Premises Liability, Slip and Fall law issues in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I offer a Free Consultation and I'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact me today to schedule an appointment.